AMATEUR REGIONAL INFORMATION
For complete information on classes, rules and the AMA Amateur National MX program, please visit MX SPORTS online.
Here’s the basic event format:
- Gates open Thursday at 6pm
- Practice Friday; time TBA
- All classes race both Saturday and Sunday
- 3-moto format; every class races both days
- FOR CLASSES 1-14 BELOW:
- YOU MUST RACE A MIDEAST AREA QUALIFIER IN ORDER TO ENTER THIS EVENT!
- You must register your class(es) with MX Sports online; the entry fee is your cost to participate in the qualifying program at the Regional level.
- You must also enter your class(es) at the track; registration covers your practice and racing at RedBud.
- Top 8 in each class advance from each Area Qualifier to this Regional.
- If you don’t finish in the top 8, you’ll be an alternate for this Regional.
- Alternates are placed according to power ranking; the more riders you beat at the Area Qualifier, the higher your power ranking.
- Alternates register at the track and practice. We place alternates during practice. If you don’t get to race, your entry fee is refunded.]
- There will likely be qualifiers in your class(es)!
- 9 Area Qualifiers x 8 riders per class = 72 possible entries in classes 1-14 below.
- All classes with over 40 entries will be split into 2 Qualifiers.
- If you advance from the Qualifier, your next race will be Moto 2; if not, you can ride the LCQ (Last Chance Qualifier).
- Qualifiers count as your first moto finish.
- We will finish all of the first set of motos and qualifiers Saturday and go directly into LCQs.
- A stopping point will be determined and announced Saturday; racing will start Sunday where we left off.
- CLASSES 15 & 16 BELOW:
- ARE OPEN ENTRY AT THE TRACK
- These classes are not included in the Area Qualifiers.
- Riders do not advance to Loretta’s from these classes.
- You are racing for an AMA Regional Championship.
- Complete information (times, fees, camping info, etc.) will be posted here soon.