Camp Date Announced!
An RCU Loretta’s MiniCamp is scheduled for July 14/15! Online RCU Registration opens Monday, April 12 at Noon EST.
This will be a 2 day camp (see outline below). Bike sizes are from 50cc to 250cc, with riders age 4-18 of all ability levels. (Groups will be divided by age, bike and ability level.)
Limited spots are available for each group and are on a first come/first served basis. Detailed camp description can be found on the RCU website.
The camp will be hosted by 15x AMA MX and SX Champion Ricky Carmichael and 6x AMA MX and SX Champion Jeff Stanton, with guest instructor and 2x Loretta’s Champion Tommy Watts. If you are heading to Loretta’s this year, or hope to in your racing future, this camp is for you. Take advantage of the training days before the MiniFest race weekend at RedBud! Camp Registration opens Monday, April 12 at Noon EST.
Cost is $1,100.00 per student and includes:
- onsite camping Tuesday & Wednesday (and Thursday if you’re staying for MiniFest)
- light breakfast and lunch Wednesday and Thursday for student and 2 guests/family members
- short free ride Tuesday
- training days Wednesday and Thursday
Additional Daily Details:
- Tuesday – Afternoon move in and registration – Warm up and Free Ride (times TBA)
- 9am: Track sessions
- Track sessions consist of 4 sections; groups rotate to each section
- Ricky, Jeff and Tommy will break down each track section and give you specific instruction
- 12:30pm: Lunch with Q&A time with Ricky and Jeff to address any specifics you like to discuss in more detail
- 2pm – 4pm: Track sessions continue
- 4:15pm: Daily wrap up and time for more Q&A
- 9am: Track sessions
- 12:30pm: Lunch with Thursday Trainer Talk
- discussions on the importance of training off the track, including Strength, Cardio, Hydration and Nutrition
- We work with several exercise physiologists with years of experience
- An expert will be on site to answer your questions and help provide you with the guidance you need to organize your off-track program
- 2pm: Track sessions
- The last section will be dedicated to starts, with emphasis on the specific details that go into a proper starting technique.
- Final free ride session to put all the pieces together at the end of the camp.
- Friday MiniFest Event: practice day
- Saturday/Sunday MiniFest Event: 3-moto format over 2 days
You’ll leave this camp with the tools and training program that will suit your needs, regardless of your current level of competition. This includes Ricky’s tried and true use of the stopwatch as a training tool, and the best way to use the segment drills necessary to become a faster, safer rider. And you’ll get to put your newly acquired knowledge to use right away at the RedBud MiniFest. All in all, it’s a great warm-up for Loretta’s, as well as preparation for the rest of your racing career.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you at RedBud!
*Note: Daily schedule subject to change due to weather and track conditions.
Camping & Facility Information
- There are no hookup sites on the property.
- Well water is available in several locations to fill your tanks.
- A LARGE bike wash area is located along the tree line inside Gate 6. It’s at the west edge of the pits, inside the chainlink fence.
- The facility is big; there’s plenty of room for every size rig.
RedBud Physical Address:
13638 Redbud Trail North, Buchanan, MI 49107