SATURDAY OPEN RIDING – BIG TRACK
Big Track: 65cc and up bikes. Riding Time 11am – 5pm.
50 Track: All 50cc bikes; beginners on 65s, 85s or 4-stroke trail bikes. 50 Track riding time 11:30am to 4:30pm.
XRs: If registered for the Sunday XR Race(s), you can practice on the 50 track from 4:30 to 5:00pm (no extra charge).
SUNDAY GRASS RACE – bikes and ATVs – GRASS TRACK
Grass Track: 65cc & up Bikes; Schoolboy & up Quads
50 Track: 50cc Wobbler, 50 Trail, 50 SS, 50 Jr. 4-6, 50 Sr. 7-8, 50 Open, 65 Beginner, Trailblazer, Mini quad classes.
* All 50cc classes race on the 50 track at this event.
XRs race on the 50 track at grass track intermission.
Sunday practice starts at 8:30am with racing immediately following. Don’t be late to signup! Daylight is short this time of year.
Gates open Friday at 6pm and stay open all weekend.
Gate opens at 6pm Friday and stays open all weekend, including overnights.
Gate Fee for spectators age 12 & up, and all riders:
Friday 6pm – Saturday 4pm: $30
Saturday 4pm – Sunday 6am: $20
Sunday 6am: $15
Leaving after Open Riding? KEEP YOUR WRISTBANDS ON! Stop at the gate on your way out by 7pm and get a $15 refund.
REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
Take the fast lane at signup and don’t miss your practice! You can add or change classes easily at the track.
** NOTE: Due to time limitations, all 50cc classes will be on the 50 track both days this weekend. All mini quads will also be on the 50 track both days.
Open Riding registration opens at 8am. $35 per group.
Big Track Groups: Vet Racers, A/B class racers, C racers & beginners, Minibikes (65cc & up), *ATVs (Schoolboy & Up).
50 Track Groups:. Groups will be split as needed at the 50 track, depending on the number of 50s, 65s, 85s, quads, trail bikes, etc.
*ATV NOTE: We’ve added an ATV group since getting a few requests. If there aren’t enough to insert an ATV group into every round, we’ll refund part of your signup fee and start & end the last session with ATVs so you get some track time Saturday!
Sunday Grass Race registration: 12pm – 6pm.
Registration opens at 7am. Don’t be late! Practice starts at 8:30.
$40 class entry fee (includes transponder rental for big track classes at no additional charge; $125 security deposit required).
Cash or credit cards are accepted for transponder security deposit and for registration.
AMA and District 14 membership is encouraged for all racers, but not mandatory for this event.
Here’s a basic Sunday race class list. Questions on classes? Email [email protected] or call us at 269-695-6405, after Motocross of Nations, please!
- 50 Track
- 50cc Wobbler 4-8 – Beginner class; any 50cc bike is OK
- 50 Trail 4-8 & 50 SS(Shaft Drive) 4-8 Limited – both classes are open to PWs and Hondas (shifters removed), KTM Mini Adventures, and other smaller 50s, especially the old models.
- 50 Jr 4-6 & 50 Sr 7-8 Limited – for the more competitive bikes like Cobras & KTMs
- 50 Open 4-8 – includes E50s.
- 65 Beginner & 85 Beginner – for kids who don’t want to race on the big track, are learning to shift, etc.
- Trailblazer – for kids who don’t want to race on the big track, with trail bikes (typically 110s).
- ATV Classes: 50 Jr 4-6, 50 Sr 6-8, 70 Jr 6-11, 90 Jr 8-15, 90 Auto 8-15
- Grass Track
- 65 Jr 7-9, 65 Sr 10-11, 65 Open 7-11
- 85 Jr 9-11, 85 Sr 12-15, 85 Open 9-15, 85C 9-15 (all but 85 Jr allow 150cc 4-strokes with minibike wheels)
- Girls 9-15, Schoolboy 1 12-17, Schoolboy 2 12-17, Women 12 & up
- 125 B/C, 250 A, 250 B, 250 C, Open A, Open B, Open C
- BEGINNER CLASSES: Open D, VetSport 25+ NOVICE
- 14+, 30+, 35+, 40+, 50+, 60+
- 30+ B/C, 40+ B/C, 50+ B/Ç
- NonCurrent (10 years or older model) – 125cc & up
- Retro (1999 model year or older) – 125cc & up
XR 75 & 80 RACING
The halftime XR Championship races are part of the rich tradition of the Grass Race, with two original classes for the ultimate old school mini racers: Twin Shock and Single Shock; minimum age 18 to enter.
*The newer class: “XR3” If you’ve spent tons of hours and $ making your XR faster, this class isn’t for you! If your bike is fairly stock and you haven’t touched it since last year’s grass race, or you spend as much effort on your outfit as your bike, it’s for you! It should eliminate the need for qualifiers and give everyone a chance to ride their XR. We’re not tearing down any motors here. If you’re too serious about winning and your bike is too fast, we’ll bump you to the Single or Twin Shock class. Minimum age 16 to enter XR3.
XR Class Rules:
- Bike must be a production XR 75, or XR or CRF 80 with correct frame and motor.
- Engine mods are legal.
- Minibike wheels only. Due to limited availability of 16″ front tires, 17″ are legal.
- Minimum age 18 to enter Twin and Single Shock classes; minimum age 16 to enter XR3 class.
XR Single Shock / XR Twin Shock – Prizes are Lisa’s famous custom trophies for the top 3, as well as prize money for the top 3.
XR3 – Custom trophies, no cash prizes.
All XR Classes: $25 Entry fee. (No transponder needed.)
More Information and Links
Gate fee includes camping. No RV hookups available. Pets must be on a leash. Must be 16 to use a pit vehicle.
Click for more facility info and rules.
After the event, you can find results under the “For Racers” tab on our home page.
RedBud Physical Address:
13638 Redbud Trail North, Buchanan, MI 49107